A. a Big Stick
B. a Four Leaf Clover
C. a Pot of Gold
D. a Backpack
2. Which of the following animal legends is told about St. Patrick?
A. He chased away rats by playing his flute.
B. He could talk to the birds.
C. He drove the snakes out of Ireland.
D. He attracted animals with his teachings.
3. Legend has it that if you kiss the Blarney Stone, you will what?
A. Have 7 Years Bad Luck
B. Gain the "Gift of Gab"
C. Turn Green
D. Get all the Gold
4. The name "Patrick" is derived from the Latin word meaning what?
A. "Father of His People"
B. "Hunter of Snakes"
C. "Brilliant Light"
5. The expression "Erin Go Braugh" means what?
A. Kiss me, I'm Irish
B. Everybody's Irish
C. Go Ireland
D. Ireland Forever
6. What was the first color associated with St. Patrick's Day?
8. What day in the life of St. Patrick does March 17th supposedly mark?
A. His Birthday
B. His Death
C. The Day He Became a Slave
D. The Day He Bought his Freedom
9. For what purpose was St. Patrick's Day originally created?
A. to outrank St. Valentine's Day for popularity.
B. as an excuse to drink heavily.
C. as a day of prayer for spiritual missions.
D. as a day to wear green.
10. What is the Hibernian Society?
A. Irish people who stay home on St. Patrick's Day.
B. a charitable group that helps Irish Immigrants.
C. a group of Irish mobsters.
D. the group of people that started St. Patrick's Day.
11. Why do you get pinched on St. Patrick's Day if you aren't wearing green?
A. You've been naughty.
B. It's a fun way to meet new people.
C. Leprechauns can see you.
D. You're disobedient.
12. What American St. Patrick's Day tradition began as an accident?
A. Dyeing Rivers Green
B. Having a Parade
C. Wearing Green
D. Finding a Pot of Gold
Happy St. Patrick's Day from your Madison flooring company! For all your flooring needs, visit Floors for Less. From hardwoods to tile to carpet, we have the best flooring in Madison, Wisconsin! Stop by and check out our showroom today!
1. A - a Big Stick
2. C - He drove the snakes out of Ireland.
3. D - Gain the "Gift of Gab"
4. A - "Father of His People"
5. D - Ireland Forever
6. B - Blue
7. D - Second
8. B - His Death
9. C - as a day of prayer for spiritual missions.
10. B - a charitable group that helps Irish Immigrants
11. C - Leprechauns can see you.
12. A - Dyeing Rivers Green